What bushes to plant in summer?
- Carol L. Edwards. Butterfly bush.
- Bailey Nurseries. Mockorange. (Philadelphus, Zones 3 to 8)
- Proven Winners. Spirea. (Spiraea, Zones 3 to 8)
- Bailey Nurseries. Potentilla. (Potentilla fruticosa, Zones 2 to 7)
- Proven Winners. Bluebeard.
- Bailey Nurseries. Viburnum.
- Bailey Nurseries. Rose of Sharon.
- Bailey Nurseries. Crape myrtle.
Click to see full answer
Similarly, what shrubs can be planted in summer?
Lots of shrubs enliven the garden in spring – philadelphus, lilacs, forsythia and the like – but once their flowers have faded, the early summer garden can be left lacking. These brilliant summer shrubs will make sure your garden is colour and full of flowers in summer.
Also Know, which shrubs flower the longest? Butterfly Bush Happily, butterfly bushes offer a longer bloom season than lilacs: from summer into autumn, especially if you pinch off the old flower clusters as they start to fade.
Moreover, what bushes should I plant?
Top 10 Evergreen Shrubs
- Daphne. Daphne plants are well loved for their small but incredibly fragrant flowers which appear in winter and early spring, when little else in the garden is growing.
- 2. Box.
What are the hardiest shrubs?
10 Hardy Shrubs You Can't Kill
- Red Twig Dogwood. Dogwoods are some of the best trees and shrubs around (yes, they are considered both trees and shrubs, depending on the variety).
- Crape Myrtle. Bees adore it, butterflies love it, and it's a staple in the south.
- Rose of Sharon.