What are the side effects of tropicamide?
- Clumsiness or unsteadiness.
- fast heartbeat.
- flushing or redness of face.
- hallucinations (seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not there)
- increased thirst or dryness of mouth.
- skin rash.
- slurred speech.
- swollen stomach in infants.
Similarly, it is asked, how long do the effects of tropicamide last?
Likewise, what is a common side effect of Cycloplegics? Ocular. Increased intraocular pressure, burning, photophobia, blurred vision, irritation, hyperemia, conjunctivitis, blepharoconjunctivitis, punctate keratitis, synechiae have been reported.
In respect to this, is tropicamide a steroid?
Examples: Atropine, Mydrilate® (Cyclopentolate), Homatropine, Mydriacyl® (Tropicamide), Phenylephrine How to do they work? Corticosteroids or 'steroids' treat inflammation (redness, soreness, swelling of the eye).
What type of drug is tropicamide?