What are the requirements for the new California ID?
- Complete a Driver License or Identification Card Application form.
- Present an acceptable Identity document.
- Present an acceptable residency document.
- Provide your social security number.
- Provide your true full name.
- Pay the application fee.
- Additional information regarding an identification (ID) card.
Just so, what documents are needed for a California ID?
The California DMV says an applicant needs to show proof of identity: either a birth certificate, passport or permanent resident card; a proof of social security number; a California residency document (such as a lease agreement), utility bill or an employment document; any name change documents such as marriage
Also, is the new California ID mandatory? The Real IDs will be the only licenses allowing Californians to board domestic flights or enter federal buildings beginning in October 2020. Each state is required to develop and issue a Real ID under a program created by the federal government after the Sept.
Hereof, what documents do I need to get real ID?
A: In order to apply for a REAL ID driver license or ID card, you must visit a DMV field office and submit federally required ID documents such as a U.S. passport, passport card, an original or certified copy of a birth certificate, also proof of social security number on a W-2, or paystub.
How can I get a California ID fast?
State Identification Cards
- Visit a DMV office (make an appointment for faster service)
- Complete application form DL 44 (An original DL 44 form must be submitted.
- Give a thumb print.
- Have your picture taken.
- Provide your SSN.
- Verify your birth date and legal presence (you may use your California driver license)