What are the main features of Africa?
Also question is, what are the major political features of Africa?
- Standard SS7G1 The student will locate selected features of Africa. Atlas Mountain Range.
- Sahara Desert. A barren region thatt runs across the entire width of northern Africa.
- Sahel. A dry, semi-arid region located south of the Sahara.
- Tropical Rainforests.
- Kalahari Desert.
- Nile River.
- Congo River.
Additionally, what are the main physical features of West Africa? The region of West Africa includes the southern portion of the bulge of the continent, which extends westward to the Atlantic Ocean. This region is bisected by the African Transition Zone, which borders the southern edge of the Sahara Desert. The main physical features include the Sahara Desert and the Niger River.
Accordingly, what is Africa best known for?
Africa is the world's second driest continent (after Australia). Africa has approximately 30% of the earth's remaining mineral resources. Nigeria is fourth largest oil exporter in the world, and Africa's biggest oil producer with about 2.2 million barrels produced every day.
What are 3 interesting facts about Africa?
Interesting Africa Facts - Africa Landforms
- The longest river in the world, the Nile (4,132 miles), is located in Africa.
- Africa has the world's largest desert, the Sahara, which is almost the size of the United States.
- Victoria Falls is the largest waterfall in Africa; it is 355 feet high and one mile wide.