What are the different types of dental floss?
Considering this, what type of dental floss is most effective?
Here is the best dental floss you can buy:
- Best overall: Oral-B Glide Pro-Health Comfort Plus Dental Floss.
- Best for sensitive gums: Dr. Tung's Smart Floss.
- Best all-natural floss: Tom's of Maine Anti Plaque Flat Spearmint Floss.
- Best for kids: Plackers Kids Flossers.
- Best for braces: Platypus Orthodontic Flosser.
One may also ask, which is better dental floss or tape? Dental tape is broader and flatter than standard floss and comes in waxed or unwaxed versions. People with more space between their teeth often find dental tape more comfortable to use than standard floss. Polytetrafluorethylene floss (PTFE) is the same material used in high-tech Gore-Tex fabric.
Also to know, what kind of dental floss is safe?
Luckily, there are plenty of safe dental floss options to choose from. Instead of nylon floss, look for floss made of natural silk which is biodegradable. If you are going for a nylon floss look for one that isn't coated in something other than petroleum. Beeswax is a popular alternative.
What is the use of dental floss?
Dental floss (or simply floss) is a cord of thin filaments used to remove food and dental plaque from between teeth in areas a toothbrush is unable to reach.