What are some common risk factors that can affect a person's sensitivity to heat exposure?
Click to see full answer
People also ask, what factors put workers at risk of heat illness?
Personal risk factors for heat illness include; General Health & Age: Those at greatest risk for heat-related illness include people > 65 years old, overweight, ill or taking certain medications. Additional risk factors include; fever, dehydration, heart disease, mental illness, poor circulation, and sunburn.
Also, which of the following are considered environmental risk factors for heat illness? "Environmental risk factors for heat illness" means working conditions that create the possibility that heat illness could occur, including:
- Air temperature.
- Relative humidity.
- Radiant heat from the sun and other sources.
- Conductive heat sources such as the ground.
- Air movement.
- Workload severity and duration.
Beside above, what risk factors can affect your resistance to heat stress?
- HEAT STRESS. Risk Factors.
- Workers should be aware of the many factors that can impact the risk of heat illness. Environment.
- • High temperatures, especially. with high humidity, which.
- • High exertion. • Not enough rest breaks.
- Medications. Heat tolerance can.
- Health. Conditions.
- Other Factors. • Age over 60.
- Prior Heat. Illness.
Why do I get heat stroke so easily?
One of the most common causes of heat intolerance is medication. Allergy, blood pressure, and decongestant medications are among the most common. Allergy medications can inhibit your body's ability to cool itself by preventing sweating.