What are shower diverters?
Subsequently, one may also ask, how do shower diverters work?
The water pipe that connects to your tub faucet also extends vertically to your showerhead. When the diverter valve is open, water flows directly through the faucet and into the tub. However, when you want to take a shower, you lift the knob or lever to close the diverter valve.
Furthermore, how much is a shower diverter? This has only a 1/4 inch passage, so will not flow a lot of water. But, neither will other diverters on the market. So, this is the best of a bad lot. If you have a recent production low flow shower head or valve, it will not make any difference.
Top Selected Products and Reviews.
|You Save:||$2.75 (18%)|
Also, how do you fix a shower diverter valve?
Diverter Valve on a Three-Valve Shower
- Pop the handle's plastic button off with a blunt knife or ruler.
- Loosen the screw on the handle.
- Unscrew and remove the handle.
- Remove the sleeve over the diverter.
- Remove the diverter using a socket wrench.
How do you adjust a shower diverter valve?
You can easily adjust this yourself in a few minutes.
- Turn off the water supply to the washroom.
- Look beside, underneath or on the bathtub spout for the diverter's holding screw.
- Grasp the spout and pull it straight out.
- Unscrew the bolt holding the diverter to the small pipe in the wall.