What are five functions of a noun in a sentence?
Similarly one may ask, what are the 5 functions of a noun in a sentence?
A noun can perform any of the following five functions:
- Subject of a verb.
- Object of a verb.
- Complement of a verb.
- Object of a preposition.
- Be in apposition to another noun.
Beside above, how many functions does a noun have? five functions
Also to know is, what are the six functions of a noun?
Terms in this set (6)
- Object of the Preposition. A noun/pronoun that completes a preposition.
- Indirect Object. A noun/pronoun that follows an action verb and precedes a direct object.
- Subject. A noun/pronoun.
- Direct Object.
- Appositive/Appositive phrase.
- Predicate Nominate.
What are the 8 noun functions?
There are eight (8) different noun functions.
- Noun Functions as Subject.
- Noun Functions as Direct Object.
- Noun Functions as Indirect Object.
- Noun Functions as Predicate Nominative.
- Noun Functions as Noun of Direct Address.
- Noun Functions as an Appositive.
- Noun Functions as Objective Complement.