What are categorical and block grants?
Click to see full answer
Also know, what is an example of a categorical grant?
Examples of Categorical Grants Anti-poverty programs, such as Medicaid and Head Start, are categorical grants. Likewise, the national drinking age is a result of a categorical grant. In order for states to receive federal-highway-funding money, all states have to make 21 years of age the official age to drink.
Subsequently, question is, what is a block grant used for? block grant. A financial aid package that grants federal money to state and local governments for use in social welfare programs, such as law enforcement, community development, and health services. Block grants provide money for general areas of social welfare, rather than for specific programs.
Also question is, what are examples of block grants?
Examples of Block Grants
- Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Block Grant.
- Community Development Block Grant.
- Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant.
- Social Services Block Grant.
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families.
- Indian Housing Block Grant.
- Community Mental Health Services Block Grant.
- What Are Block Grants?
What are the three types of block grants?
Block grants, categorical grants, and general revenue sharing are three types of federal government grants-in-aid programs.