Should I paint my wood paneling?
Besides, what is the best color to paint wood paneling?
Shades of Elegance. Dark paneling in the living room can be depressing. If you'd love dove gray painted walls with sharp white trim, don't rip out paneled walls -- just treat them like regular walls and paint them. A coat of white primer will ensure that your top coat goes on easier and stays true to color.
Subsequently, question is, how do you paint wood paneling with grooves? To fill the grooves and paint paneling:
- Sand the paneling lightly to dull the gloss.
- Wipe any sanding dust off with a damp cloth.
- Fill the grooves in the paneling grooves with joint compound.
- Allow the joint compound to dry.
- Apply additional coats of joint compound, if needed.
Keeping this in view, is wood paneling outdated?
Slide 1: Outdated Dark Wood Paneling Today, while many homeowners have phased out the dark and dreary feature in favor of neutral or brightly painted drywall, paneling remains in plenty of homes that haven't been remodeled in decades. If, however, the walls are covered by sheets of wood-look panels, pull them off now!
How can I make wood paneling look good without paint?
How to Decorate Wood Paneling Without Painting It
- Paint the trim. Yes, there is some painting involved, but NOT of the paneling – just the trim around the paneling.
- Bring in solid colors on furniture.
- Create multiple focal points.
- Use eye-catching art.
- Layer in texture and pattern.