Should a 14 year old take vitamins?
Click to see full answer
Just so, should my teenager take vitamins?
Answer:Many parents may wonder if children and teenagers need a daily multivitamin. Studies show that the most commonly used dietary supplement for children are multivitamins and multiminerals, such as vitamin D. In general, it's best for the nutrients your child needs to come from their diet.
Likewise, can my 14 year old take b12? If you are 9 to 13 years old, you need 1.8 micrograms each day. If you are 14 years old or older, you need 2.4 micrograms of vitamin B12 each day.
Similarly, it is asked, what is the best vitamin for teenager?
Best Vitamins For Teen Girls comparison table
- 1st Place. OLLY Teen Girl Multi Gummy Multivitamin, 35 Day Supply (70 Count), Berry Melon.
- 2nd Place. One A Day for Her VitaCraves Teen Multivitamin Gummies, 60 Count.
- 3rd Place. Daily Gummy Multivitamin Teen Girl: Biotin, Vitamin C, D3, E, B12, A, Omega.
- 4th Place.
- 5th Place.
What vitamins does a teenager need?
The most important vitamins and minerals that your kids needs are:
- Calcium. "Calcium is the essential building block of bones and teeth," says Andrea Giancoli, MPH, RD, a spokeswoman for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- B12 and Other B Vitamins.
- Vitamin D.
- Vitamin E.