Is SFPD a good place to work?
Click to see full answer
Thereof, how much do SFPD make?
A Police Officer works 40 hours per week on different shifts and overtime may be required. San Francisco offers excellent benefits and the current starting salary is $89,856 per year. After seven years of service a Police Officer may earn up to $135,096 per year.
Subsequently, question is, what benefits do you get as a police officer? In addition to offering a competitive salary, most states provide generous medical, dental, and vision coverage, top-notch retirement plans, 2-5 weeks of paid vacation, paid sick leave, holiday bonus pay, yearly uniform allowance, bilingual bonuses, among other perks.
Beside above, how much does a police officer make after 20 years?
Pay by Experience Level for Police Officer An experienced Police Officer with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $60,621 based on 763 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $71,725.
How do you become SFPD?
Steps to Becoming an SFPD Officer
- Meet the minimum qualifications for prospective officers (see below).
- Schedule and take the Frontline National law enforcement exam.
- Pass the physical ability test (PAT).
- Appear for an in-person interview.
- Pass the background investigation, polygraph exam, and drug screen.