Is Organic Cinnamon the same as Ceylon cinnamon?
In respect to this, what is the difference between cinnamon and Ceylon cinnamon?
So, true to its name, Ceylon Cinnamon cannot originate from elsewhere in the world. Another key difference between the two is found in the taste. Cassia Cinnamon tastes stronger and hotter while Ceylon Cinnamon is full of lighter, brighter citreous tones.
Furthermore, is organic cinnamon better than regular cinnamon? The Claim: Ceylon cinnamon, a milder form of the spice sold in gourmet stores, is healthier than ordinary supermarket cinnamon. Cinnamon can lower blood sugar in diabetics, ease arthritis and improve cholesterol.
Similarly, you may ask, is simply organic cinnamon Ceylon cinnamon?
Simply Organic Ceylon Cinnamon is Organically sourced from the bark of evergreen trees from Sri Lanka. Cinnamon's sweet, spicy and warm fragrance adds pungent sweetness to your favorite baked goodies. Though often used interchangeably, cassia and cinnamon are not the same.
Which brand of Ceylon cinnamon is the best?
Our Top Picks
- Best Overall: Burlap and Barrel Cinnamon Verum at Burlap And Barrel.
- Best Ceylon: Simply Organic Ground Ceylon Cinnamon at Amazon.
- Best Organic: Frontier Co-op Ground Ceylon Cinnamon at Walmart.
- Best Basic: McCormick Ground Cinnamon at Amazon.
- Best Cinnamon Sticks: Frontier Organic Cinnamon Sticks at Amazon.