Is it illegal to own a pitbull in Massachusetts?
Also question is, what pets are illegal in Massachusetts?
You can't own these pets in Massachusetts
- The list of animals that you cannot own, no matter how badly you want to, includes: juniperfoxx.
- #1: Foxes. It's devastating, but it's true.
- #2: Monkeys.
- #3: Wolves.
- #1: Boas and pythons.
- #2: Hedgehogs.
Additionally, what cities have banned pit bulls? These are the 10 states that have the most cities banning dog breeds.
- Iowa. Rottweilers are subject to breed bans.
- Kansas. Doberman pinschers face bans.
- Ohio. Pit bulls have it hard in Ohio.
- Missouri. Pilot Grove, Missouri, bans chow chows, among other breeds.
Similarly, can you have a pitbull in Boston?
This is not the only town in the area that has passed a muzzle ordinance; nearby Everett, Worchester, and the city of Boston also require Pit Bulls and their lookalikes – American Staffordshire Terriers, Staffordshire Pit Bull Terriers, Bull Terriers, or mixes – to be muzzled.
Do you need a license to breed dogs in Massachusetts?
Under new legislation introduced in the Massachusetts Senate, anyone who breeds a single dog or cat must be licensed and registered by the state, and open their home to intrusive home inspections. Licensees are prohibited from allowing a cat or dog to be bred more than once per year.