Is Hyper a root word?
Keeping this in view, what does the root word hyper mean?
hyper- a prefix appearing in loanwords from Greek, where it meant “over,” usually implying excess or exaggeration (hyperbole); on this model used, especially as opposed to hypo-, in the formation of compound words (hyperthyroid).
One may also ask, is Hyper a adjective? adjective. overexcited; overstimulated; keyed up. seriously or obsessively concerned; fanatical; rabid: She's hyper about noise pollution.
In this way, what are some words with the prefix hyper?
Words based on the root Hyper
- Hyper-fit: Relating to someone who is fit beyond normal.
- Hyperbole: exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
- Hyperborean: Relating to inhabitants of the overly North.
- Hypercritical : Inclined to judge too severely.
- Hyperdontogency: Having beyond normal number of teeth.
Is Hyper a root or prefix?
hyper. This ROOT-WORD is the Prefix HYPER meaning OVER, ABOVE & EXCESSIVE.