In what order do you evacuate patients?
Herein, what order do you evacuate patients in a hospital?
- patients located on the disaster floor are evacuated first.
- patients on the floor immediately above and below the disaster floor are evacuated.
- second and third floors above the fire floor are evacuated.
Likewise, what are the evacuation procedures? Building Evacuation Procedures
- Safely stop your work. Shut down equipment that could become unstable or present a hazard.
- Leave the building through the nearest door with an EXIT sign. Do not use elevators.
- Report to your designated assembly area.
- Wait for instructions from emergency responders.
Correspondingly, what are the 3 stages of evacuation?
To develop an effective evacuation plan, employers should follow the 3 stages of evacuation in a fire:
- 'Stage 1': Immediate evacuation;
- 'Stage 2': Lateral evacuation; and.
- 'Stage 3': Partial evacuation.
How do you evacuate non ambulatory patients during a fire you should?
General Patient Evacuation Guidelines Non-Ambulatory patients should be moved using wheelchairs or stretchers when available to an adjacent smoke compartment. Critical patients, who will require the most resources to move, can be kept in their closed patient room until they can be safely moved.