How much weight do you need to lose to stop snoring?
Keeping this in consideration, do you stop snoring when you lose weight?
Lifestyle changes to help you stop snoring. Lose weight. Losing even a little bit of weight can reduce fatty tissue in the back of the throat and decrease, or even stop, snoring. Quit smoking.
Keeping this in consideration, how can I stop snoring without losing weight?
15 snoring remedies
- Lose weight if you are overweight.
- Sleep on your side.
- Raise up the head of your bed.
- Use nasal strips or an external nasal dilator.
- Treat chronic allergies.
- Correct structural problems in your nose.
- Limit or avoid alcohol before bed.
- Avoid taking sedatives before bed.
Weight loss, whether it's from dietary changes alone or from diet combined with exercise, can help improve the quality of sleep among people who are overweight or obese, according to a new study by Johns Hopkins researchers.