How much chlorine do you need to close a pool?
Click to see full answer
Correspondingly, how much liquid chlorine do I need to winterize my pool?
For chlorine pools: Add 1 gallon of liquid chlorine for every 5,000 gallons of pool water and 1 winterizing kit per 12,000 gallons of pool water.
Additionally, how do I prepare my pool for winter? Six Tips to Prepare Your Pool for Winter
- Balance the Water: The pH level of the water in your pool is important for both the clarity of your water as well as longevity of the pool equipment.
- Clean the Pool.
- Clean the Filter.
- Protect Against Algae.
- Do Not Empty the Pool.
- Cover the Pool.
Secondly, what chemicals should I put in my pool when closing?
- Chlorine Free Pool Shock: Add 2 days before closing the pool.
- Stain & Scale Treatment: Add 1 day before closing the pool.
- Winter Algaecide: Pour into the pool just before covering.
- Winter Floater: Place into the pool just before covering.
How do I keep my pool closed in the summer?
Open the pool, but keep it covered all summer, and run the filter only as much as needed. Keep the water balanced and chemically treated. Keep it closed and maintain proper water level. Open next year with a drain and clean, or replace the plaster or vinyl liner at the same time.