How many islands are there around the world?
Keeping this in consideration, what are the 20 largest islands in the world?
World's 20 Largest Islands
|. The Twenty Biggest Islands on Earth Chart|
|Rank||Islands, Ten Largest||Area in Square Miles|
|2||New Guinea, Indonesia/ Papua||309,000|
|3||Borneo, Indonesia/ Malaysia||280,000|
Beside above, is Australia the largest island in the world? What Is The Largest Island In The World. Greenland is the worlds largest island. While Australia is an island, it is considered a continent. Greenland has an area of 2,166,086 square km, but a meager population of 56,452.
In this way, which country has many islands?
With a total of 221,800 islands, Sweden has more islands than any other country on Earth, followed by Finland and Norway.
What are the 5 largest islands in the world?
- Borneo - (288,869 sq.
- Madagascar - (226,917 sq.
- Baffin - (194,574 sq. miles) (503,944 sq.
- Sumatra - (171,069 sq. miles) (443,066 sq.
- Honshu - (88,982 sq. miles) (225,800 sq.
- Great Britain - (80,823 sq. miles) (209,331 sq.
- Victoria - (85,154 sq. miles) (220,548 sq.
- Ellesmere - (71,029 sq. miles) (183,965 sq.