How long should multiple choice questions be?
Click to see full answer
Similarly, how long should it take to answer a multiple choice question?
60 seconds per multiple choice item. 120 seconds per short answer item. 10-15 minutes per essay question. 5 to 10 minutes to review the work.
Likewise, how do you write a good multiple choice test question?
- 14 RULES FOR WRITING MULTIPLE-CHOICE QUESTIONS.
- Use Plausible Distractors (wrong-response options)
- Use a Question Format.
- Emphasize Higher-Level Thinking.
- Emphasize Higher-Level Thinking (continued)
- Keep Option Lengths Similar.
- Balance the Placement of the Correct Answer.
- Be Grammatically Correct.
Likewise, how many multiple choice questions are there in an hour?
Most students take 45 minutes to an hour to finish. For a 50 minute class, there will be 2-3 tests, each test including from 40-45 questions. Most students complete the test in about 30-40 minutes.
How much time do you have per test question?
Option 1. If the exam is worth, say, 100 marks, you have just over 1½ minutes per mark. So, for example, a 20-mark question should take about 30 minutes. Write the time available for a question next to each question.