How is Coretta Scott King?
People also ask, how did Coretta Scott King make a difference?
She worked side by side with King as he became a leader of the civil rights movement, establishing her own distinguished career as an activist. Following her husband's assassination in 1968, Coretta founded the Martin Luther King Jr.
- She was valedictorian of her class.
- She studied concert singing at the New England Conservatory of Music.
- She was an early protester against the Vietnam War.
- She went on a month-long pilgrimage through India.
- She is why we celebrate Martin Luther King Day.
- She founded The King Center.
Subsequently, one may also ask, how did Coretta Scott King contribute to society?
Coretta Scott King was the wife of Martin Luther King, Jr., and joined him in civil rights activism in the 1950s and '60s. Following her husband's assassination in 1968, she founded the King Center, and she continued to be active in the civil rights movement as well as other social justice crusades.
Antioch College Dillard University