How does self assertion differ from aggression?
Click to see full answer
Hereof, what is the difference between assertive passive and aggressive behavior?
There is a huge difference between being assertive and being aggressive. Assertive people state their opinions while being respectful of others. Aggressive people attack or ignore others' opinions in favour of their own. Passive people don't state their opinions at all.
Additionally, what causes aggression?
- physical health.
- mental health.
- family structure.
- relationships with others.
- work or school environment.
- societal or socioeconomic factors.
- individual traits.
- life experiences.
Beside this, how do you assert yourself without being aggressive?
How to be assertive without being aggressive
- Be clear. Try to ask for what you want openly and in a straightforward manner, and state your feelings clearly without directly or indirectly demeaning the other person.
- Make eye contact.
- Keep your posture positive.
- Do your homework.
- Take time out.
- Avoid accusing.
- Keep your cool.
Is it bad to be aggressive?
It's not always a bad thing; passive-aggressive behaviour is a way to retaliate if you're at the wrong end of a power dynamic. Aggression is all about causing harm, but humans are so complex it doesn't have to be physical harm; it can be psychological or emotional.