How does MC lag work?
People also ask, which protocol is used to exchange the control information between two MC lag switches?
The MC-LAG devices use Inter-Chassis Control Protocol (ICCP) to exchange the control information between two MC-LAG network devices.
One may also ask, what is Vlag? VLAG. A Virtual Link Aggregation Group (VLAG) allows for multi-system link aggregation and facilitates active-active uplinks of access layer switches. A VLAG with no Spanning Tree configured avoids the wasted bandwidth that is associated with links blocked by the spanning tree.
In this way, how do you set up MLAG?
- Step 1: Create the inter-switch connection (ISC) VLAN for carrying the MLAG control traffic.
- Step 2: Create and configure the MLAG peer.
- Step 3: Enable the MLAG port on both peers.
- Step 4: Configure sharing/teaming on the switch/server connected to the MLAG peers.
- Step 5: Add data carrying VLANs.
What is multi chassis etherchannel?
Multichassis etherchannel is a hybrid topology which allows to get the best of dual homing and bundling separate connections together at the same time. Resilient to single switch or link failure. Both links used at the same time, and single link failure does not trigger topology recalculation.