How does culture shock occur?
Click to see full answer
Regarding this, what are the causes of culture shock?
Strange environment and climate Feelings of culture shock are often reinforced by the traveler's physical environment, including: the cleanliness of their lodgings. the design and adequacy of the toilets. the operability of appliances like clothes washers and heating systems.
Also, what is culture shock example? For example, communication problems such as not being understood, food, attitude, and customs, these things may start to irritate you. At this this stage, you may have feelings of discontent, impatience, anger, sadness, and a feeling of incompetence.
Accordingly, what are the symptoms of culture shock?
Symptoms of Culture Shock
- Extreme homesickness.
- Feelings of helplessness/dependency.
- Disorientation and isolation.
- Depression and sadness.
- Hyper-irritability, may include inappropriate anger and hostility.
- Sleep and eating disturbances (too little or too much)
- Excessive critical reactions to host culture/stereotyping.
What are the 5 stages of culture shock?
The 5 stages of culture shock
- The honeymoon stage. The Honeymoon Stage – First phase of a culture shock.
- Hostility and irritability. The Hostility and Irritability Stage of a Travel Culture Shock.
- Gradual adjustment. Gradual Adjustment is the third stage of a culture shock while traveling.
- Re-entry travel shock.