How does a compressor overload relay work?
Keeping this in consideration, how does an overload protector work?
The overload protector sits near the condenser by the current start relay and ensures the condenser does not overheat while working. If the overload protector senses that the compressor is approaching failure from overheating, it will temporarily shut the compressor down to allow it to cool.
Beside above, how do I reset my compressor? How to Restart an AC Compressor
- Turn the control on the thermostat to "Off."
- Locate the breakers for the air conditioning and heating circuits in the main circuit breaker box.
- Pull the heating and air conditioning circuit breakers to the "Off" position.
Herein, what causes compressor overload?
The following are just some of the most common causes for compressor overheating.
- Dirty Air Filters Can Be Problematic.
- Refrigerant Leaks Can Lead to Overheating Compressors.
- Problems With the Outdoor Portion of the Unit.
- Insufficient Electrical Power.
How do you check a relay?
Listen for a click when the relay is energized. Check the energized condition of the relay contacts. Use a digital multimeter (DMM) to test the resistance between each pole of the relay and the corresponding NC and NO contacts for that pole. All NC contacts should read infinite resistance to the corresponding pole.