How do you winterize Aqua Genie skimmer?
- Remove the orifice plate and gasket.
- Remove the plug on the front of the pump.
- Insert a quick disconnect fitting for an air compressor.
- Close the valve for the Aqua Genie.
- Charge system with 20 lbs of air pressure.
- Open valve.
- Repeat several times until all water is out.
In respect to this, what is an aqua genie?
The Aqua Genie is ingeniously designed to create currents that force surface debris toward the skimmer mechanism. This flat, sheet-like jet of clean, chlorinated water creates constant currents on the surface of the pool that literally drive leaves, insects, pollen, dirt and oils into the skimmer.
Thereof, why does my pool skimmer has two holes?
A skimmer is a necessary element of keeping a pool clean. The skimmer sits at the waterline and catches leaves, bugs and trash so they do not clog the filter. Skimmers with a second hole help keep the pump from running dry if the water level is unstable.
We recommend you purchase a skimmer plug to prevent ice damage to the pool wall. The water level should be just below the return fitting. Lowering the water too low can cause the pools to freeze to the bottom, cutting the liner and damaging the pool.