How do you use the word last?
Hereof, how do you use last in a sentence?
last Sentence Examples
- Toward what place was the eagle flying when you last saw it?
- I hope not the way they did the last time.
- Their last name is Anderson.
- These happy days did not last long.
- At last the day came for the ship to sail.
- Our last halt was under a wild cherry tree a short distance from the house.
Secondly, what is the meaning of will last? intransitive verb. 1 : to continue in time The movie lasted about two hours. 2a : to remain fresh or unimpaired : endure That paint job should last a long time. b : to manage to continue (as in a course of action) She won't last; she'll quit before the week's out.
People also ask, what last words mean?
the last word/the final word. phrase. If someone has the last word or the final word in a discussion, argument, or disagreement, they are the one who wins it or who makes the final decision. She does like to have the last word in any discussion.
Is last a verb or adjective?
Last can be used in the following ways: as a determiner (followed by a noun): I saw him last night. as an adjective (after a determiner and before a noun): My last job was in London. I ate the last piece of cake.