How do you use scowl in a sentence?
- She returned his scowl with a little rancor.
- She stopped her scowl and forced a smile at the manager.
- Denton turned the scowl on him.
- The boy pulled away with a scowl and tapped on the newspaper puzzle, indicating he wasn't finished.
- The scowl faded and his eyes twinkled.
- Claire directed her angry scowl at Fred.
Similarly, you may ask, what is a scowl look?
noun. The definition of a scowl is a gloomy or intimidating look. An example of scowl is what an angry clown may wear on his face in a haunted house.
Also Know, how do you use glitch in a sentence? Examples of glitch in a Sentence Glitches in the speaker's schedule caused some delays. A technical glitch caused a temporary shutdown. These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'glitch.
In this manner, how do you use the word incredulous in a sentence?
incredulous Sentence Examples
- I was incredulous when he first told me the secret.
- He was at first incredulous, but eventually learned the truth.
- I'm still incredulous at the idea that oil had nothing to do with this political problem in the Middle East.
- He was incredulous as a Missouri cynic but interested.
What is the synonym of scowled?
scowl. Synonyms: frown, discountenance, browbeat, lower, glower. Antonyms: smile, encourage, countenance.