How do you use peppermint oil to get rid of stink bugs?
Click to see full answer
Likewise, people ask, does peppermint oil get rid of stink bugs?
Mint works for similar reasons, so you can combine mint oil with water in a spray bottle and use the same way. Note these methods only keep stink bugs away, and don't kill them.
Also Know, what keeps stink bugs away? Keeping Stink Bugs Out
- Rub screens with dryer sheets –the more pungent the better. Some homeowners have found this can reduce Stink Bugs entering a home by up to 80%.
- Hang a damp towel over a lawn chair or deck railing overnight. In the morning, Stink Bugs will blanket the towel.
- Squish a few Stink Bugs outdoors.
Likewise, people ask, what essential oil gets rid of stink bugs?
Strong smelling essential oils such as eucalyptus, lemon, Indian lavender, mint, and catnip may have a repellent effect on stink bugs. Mix up solutions at a rate of one teaspoon per two cups of warm water. Place the solution in a spray bottle. Spray as previously directed for garlic spray.
How do you keep stink bugs from coming in your house?
Top Tips For Keeping Stink Bugs Out
- Seal Up All Entrances. Stink bugs come indoors looking for easy access to food sources, water, and shelter from the outdoors.
- Keep Spaces Clean & Prevent Water Buildup.
- Minimize Outdoor Lighting.
- Work With A Pest Professional.