How do you use lithium grease?
- Choose white lithium grease when there's metal on metal contact.
- Move the part(s) so you have easy access.
- Spray the white lithium grease where needed (anywhere metal might come in contact with other metal).
- Let the grease dry.
- Replace the parts and enjoy the long lasting nature of white lithium grease.
Moreover, what is white lithium grease for?
Permatex White Lithium Grease is an all-purpose white lubricant for metal-to-metal and metal-to-plastic applications. This lubricant protects against rust, makes surfaces friction-free and withstands moisture and high heat.
One may also ask, what is the best lithium grease? Best Sellers in Automotive Lithium Greases
- Lucas Oil 10533 White Lithium Grease - 8 oz.
- Permatex 80345 White Lithium Grease, 1.5 oz.
- Valvoline VV615 Automotive Multi-Purpose Grease, 14.1 Fluid_Ounces.
- Super Lube 21030 Translucent White Color 3 oz.
- Lucas Oil 10682 Marine Grease - 3 oz (Pack of 3)
In this way, is white lithium grease the same as lithium grease?
I understand that most automotive greases use lithium as a thickener (i.e. the soap which keeps whatever oil the grease has as its base). From what I can gather, the only difference with 'WHITE lithium grease' is that it has zinc-oxide added to it - but why?
Is Lithium Grease OK for wheel bearings?
Typically lithium-based, it's usually not water-resistant or waterproof, nor is it rated for use in bearing applications. While it would work in a pinch for boat-trailer bearings, it's not the best grease for this application. White lithium grease is a popular multi-purpose grease.