How do you use CLR to unclog a drain?
- Place a stopper in the drain.
- Fill tub or sink with 6–7 inches of water — enough to completely cover the CLR Power Plumber cap.
- Remove the stopper.
- Block the overflow with a damp sponge or cloth and hold firmly.
- Place the can's cap over the drain opening and press firmly for 1 second.
Regarding this, how do you use CLR on a drain?
How To Use CLR To Unclog A Drain
- Fill sink with enough water to submerge can's cap.
- Block overflow with damp rag or sponge and hold firmly.
- Place can's cap over drain opening and press firmly for one second. Repeat if necessary.
Furthermore, what should you not use CLR on? Do not use CLR on any natural stone or marble (including cultured marble), terrazzo, colored grout (any other color than white), any painted, coated, sealed or metallic glazed surfaces, plastics, laminates, Formica, Corian, aluminum, galvanized metals, nickel, oil rubbed bronze, brass, copper, steam irons, leaded
Subsequently, one may also ask, is CLR safe for PVC pipes?
CLR is safe on all PVC as well as copper plumbing and septic safe. CLR is not recommended for use on painted surfaces, colored grout, aluminum, etched glass, Formica, natural stone, brass, copper or other certain metals.
Does CLR dissolve hair?
Whink Hair Clog Blaster will quickly dissolve hair clogs and get drains flowing smoothly. Green Gobbler Drain Clog Dissolver uses non-caustic, biodegradable ingredients to dissolve drain blockages. CLR Power Plumber blasts through hair and grease clogs with no chemicals and no messy plungers.