How do you use a deer decoy?
In this regard, when should you use a deer decoy?
Deer will come to the decoy anytime during the season, but the very best action is late in the pre-rut or during the rut itself. The six-week stretch from mid-October to late November is prime time for most of the country.
Likewise, do decoys scare deer? If you see deer chasing and cruising for does, the time is right. Decoys can work for sure. But they can also spook deer when used incorrectly. Don't use decoys in feeding fields during the afternoon.
Besides, how do you use a doe deer decoy?
Another very important rule of using a doe decoy is the direction your decoy is facing. Bucks approach decoys from the rear to allow them a good scent check before advancing or moving on. The last thing you want is your decoy facing you since that will put the bucks eyes in your direction as well.
What is the best deer decoy to use?
Top 6 Deer Decoy Products For The Money Reviews
- 1 Primos Waggin' Whitetail Deer Decoy. Here is one of the most versatile deer decoys you will find.
- 2 Primos Scarface Decoy.
- 3 Flambeau Masters Series Boss Babe Decoy.
- 4 Dream Team Buck and Doe by Montana Decoy.
- 5 Flambeau Grazing Doe Decoy.
- 6 Tail-Wagger Deer Rear Deer Decoy.