How do you update end tables?
- Make sure you clean the table of any dust and dirt to prep the surface for painting.
- Sand any rough patches.
- If the table has already been painted or has a finish, use a primer first.
- Spray (or paint) the table.
- Apply additional coats as needed.
Beside this, how do you paint an end table?
HOW TO PAINT FURNITURE
- Step 1: Prep, prep, prep! First, prep your piece of furniture.
- Step 2: Sand. Next, sand your furniture and get all of the glossy finish off so that the paint will have a good surface to “grab” onto.
- Step 3: Prime. After your furniture is dry and dust-free, paint on some primer.
- Step 4: Sand Again.
- Step 5: Paint.
Also, what kind of paint do you use on end tables? Primer must match the type of paint you have chosen. For furniture it's best to use a satin or semigloss finish in either a latex or an oil-based paint. Never leave primer unpainted. If you choose a latex paint, a latex primer is an excellent choice for most uses.
Also question is, how do you update a wooden table?
5 Ways to Update Your Dining Room Table
- Replace the Legs. If you like the top of your table, but hate the legs, replace them.
- Add a Metal to the Top. If you want to give your dining room tabletop a new look, use metal.
- Stencil the Top. You can add a creative touch by using a stencil to paint a design on the top.
- Create a Farm Table by Adding Wooden Planks.
How does chalk paint work?
Chalk Paint is a type of paint (actually, it's a trademarked brand of paint by Annie Sloan, but other companies have similar paints also) that can be used on furniture and other items to create a chalky appearance. It's used for creating an aged appearance, and can be distressed easily.