How do you turn off the passenger airbag in a Mazda 2?
- Insert the key into the front passenger air bag deactivation switch and turn the key clockwise until the key points to OFF.
- Remove the key.
- Make sure the air bag deactivation indicator light remains illuminated when the ignition is switched ON.
Likewise, people ask, why can you turn off passenger airbag?
Your passenger airbag will turn off if your passenger is: Light enough that the weight sensor detects that someone is occupying the seat, but not heavy enough that deploying the airbag is a wise idea. The position of the seat or how the passenger is sitting makes deploying the airbag a safety risk.
Also, how do you turn off the passenger airbag light? How to Reset an Airbag Light
- Put the key into the ignition and turn the switch to the "on" position.
- Watch for the airbag light to turn on. It will stay illuminated for seven seconds and then shut itself off. After it shuts off, immediately turn the switch off and wait three seconds.
- Repeat Steps 1 and 2 two more times.
Then, how do I turn on passenger airbag?
Make sure the passenger is sitting upright in the seat. Turn on the vehicle, wait for the air bag control to signal ON, and then keep the person and the seat in the same position for one minute. After one minute, the passenger can adjust their seat and sitting position, and the air bag will stay on.
What age should you turn airbag off?