How do you turn a full bed into a day bed?
Here's how we made, and how you could easily make, your own day bed and save over $1,000.
- Buy an Old Bed. Buy an old single bed frame with head and foot boards in a style you like.
- Paint the bed. Paint the bed and frame.
- Build the Back.
- Assemble and Decorate.
Keeping this in consideration, how do you turn a full bed into a daybed?
How to Convert an Unused Bed Into a Daybed
- Stabilize the Bed. If your bed is on casters, you may want to put cups under the wheels so the bed doesn't roll around when people sit on it or get up from it.
- Decorate the Bed. You may choose to use a decorative daybed frame.
- Form Follows Function.
Also to know is, can a daybed be used as a regular bed?
Placing a daybed in a personal or home office would be one of the more practical and apt applications of a daybed, thanks to their half-sofa half-bed appearance and design. Though there isn't anything stopping anyone from using a daybed as an everyday bed.
How to Convert a Queen Bed Into a Sofa Bed
- Push your queen bed up against a wall to create a sofa "back," a surface you can safely lean back against.
- Cover the mattress -- including all bedding, if you sleep in the bed every night -- with a tailored floor-length bedspread that's fitted at the corners, for a more sofa-like appearance.