How do you teach annotations?
Likewise, how do you teach annotations to text?
You can explicitly teach the words once they are comfortable with the process.
- Start small and be explicit. Choose one thing you want them to find in the text and have them reflect or summarize in the margins.
- Close read in pairs.
- Model close reading.
- Use the annotations daily.
Likewise, what are annotations examples? Reader Annotations
- A student noting important ideas from the content by highlighting or underlining passages in their textbook.
- A student noting examples or quotes in the margins of a textbook.
- A reader noting content to be revisited at a later time.
- A Bible reader noting sources in their Bible of relevant verses for study.
Also Know, how do you annotate?
The following is a list of some techniques that you can use to annotate text:
- Underline important terms.
- Circle definitions and meanings.
- Write key words and definitions in the margin.
- Signal where important information can be found with key words or symbols in the margin.
What are some annotation strategies?
Or other digital texts. Most digital reading platforms include a number of tools that make annotation easy. These include highlighters, text comments, sticky notes, mark up tools for underlining, circling, or drawing boxes, and many more.