How do you take apart a fan to clean it?
Herein, how do you clean the inside of a fan?
Use a mild detergent if necessary. For all fantypes- Clean your fan by using the brush attachmenton your vacuum cleaner to remove most lint and dirt. We alsorecommend using a can of compressed air to clean dirty ordusty interior blades. Compressed air can be purchased atmost hardware and office supply stores.
Secondly, what is the easiest way to clean fan blades? For extremely dirty blades or kitchen fanblades that are caked with grease, wipe with a damp cloth firstto remove dust and dirt. Then apply an all-purpose cleaner,or whatever cleaner is recommended by the fanmanufacturer, to a sponge or cloth and wipe each blade toremove grease.
Also to know is, how do you disassemble a fan?
How to Disassemble a Tower Fan
- Unplug the fan from the outlet.
- Use the flat-head screwdriver to pop up the top controlpanel.
- Pull the control panel up slowly.
- Use the flat-head screwdriver to unlatch the remaining snapsholding the two main plastic covers together (down both edges ofthe tower fan).
- Pull the central blade assembly up and out.
Why do fans get so dirty?
As the blades rotate, they experience frictional forcesas they `rub' against the air; this knocks electrons around,causing the blades to build up a net charge. The charged dustparticles then stick to the charged areas of the blades. "Sothe dust doesn't collect on the blades simply by `falling' orlanding on them.