How do you stretch a fence that has come along?
Similarly, how do you use a come around to stretch a fence?
Push the back of a fence clamp downward to open the pinchers and insert the wire into it, leaving enough excess to secure it to the post later. Push the back of the clamp upward to hold the wire securely in place. Then place the metal loop on the other end of the clamp onto the metal hook on the come-along.
Also, do you stretch welded wire fence? Welded wire fencing material cannot be tightened as much as woven wire meshes, such as field fence, horse fence, deer and wildlife fence. Don't forget to bring along a helper like Little Bit!
Simply so, how do you tighten a chain link fence?
Thread a tension wire through the bottom loops of the mesh and tighten it around the end posts.
- Chain link mesh must be pulled taut or it will sag. Stretching is done with a tool called a fence puller.
- Insert a pull bar through the unattached mesh a few feet from the final post.
- Attach the yoke to the pull bar.
How do you tighten a chicken wire fence?
Manual Tensioning With Help
- STEP 1) Attach a Broom Handle. Thread a piece of wood such as a broom handle through the chicken wire holes so that it allows your helper to grip and pull the chicken wire tight.
- STEP 2) Pull the Broom Handle & Staple the Chicken Wire to the Post.
- STEP 3) Rinse & Repeat.