How do you store elderberries?
- Storing at room temperature 68-72 degrees is good - 60 degrees or below is a bit better.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight. Put them in the dark.
- Avoid exposure to air. If you have used part of the bag, squeeze the air out of the bag before re-sealing.
- Store them in a dry place.
- Store away from children.
Herein, how do you preserve elderberries?
How to freeze elderberries
- Wash and sort through the berries.
- Place large clusters of elderberries on a tray OR individually separate berries and place on the tray.
- Once the berries are frozen (a few hours) place berries into a ziploc.
- Place in a large freezer proof container or ziploc bag and return to the freezer.
Also Know, how long can you keep homemade elderberry syrup? 6 months
Similarly, does Elderberry need to be refrigerated?
Yes! For quality assurance and consumer safety, please keep our elderberry syrup refrigerated. To maintain best quality and freshness refrigeration is required upon arrival.
Can I freeze fresh elderberries?
Freezing Elderberries Raw Remove from stems. Spread out on cookie sheet. Place the tray in your freezer for a couple of hours until the berries are frozen. Move the frozen berries to a freezer bag or other freezer container.