How do you stain a wooden swing set?
- To avoid any mishaps, remove everything but the wood!
- Clean the swing set.
- After cleaning, allow the swing set 24 hours to dry.
- Inspect the swing set and look for rough spots or places where the grain is lifting.
- Apply stain or sealer.
Consequently, what kind of stain do you use on a swing set?
9 Best Stain For Swing Set (Best Outdoor Wood Stain)
- Ready Seal 512 – Best Stain for Redwood Playset. View On Amazon.
- DeckWise Ipe Oil Hardwood Deck Finish. View On Amazon.
- Minwax 70012444 Wood Finish. View On Amazon.
- PPG ARCHITECTURAL Clear Wood Finish.
- Thompsons WaterSeal TH.
- 511 Porous Plus Penetrating Sealer Resists Stains.
Similarly, how do you protect a wooden swing set? Protect Your Wooden Swing Set
- Pressure Treated Lumber. Anything constructed for outdoor use should be built with pressure-treated lumber.
- Seal With Weather Protection. If the wood has not been pressure-treated, you can still protect it with weather sealer.
- Seal Hardware With Caulking.
- Spray for Bugs.
Considering this, how long do wooden swing sets last?
A properly maintained pressure-treated wood play set will last at least fifteen to twenty years. A maintenance free vinyl set, however, can last at least 25-30 years or more! We like to tell our customers that they will last as long as your kids will use them, and probably even for the grandkids.
What can I do with an old swing set?
The Many Uses for Old Swing Set Frame
- Turn it into a creative homework area.
- Turn it into a clubhouse.
- ?Use the frame as a gate to your backyard, etc.
- ?Turn it into a romantic spot for you and your spouse.
- ?Make a hanging garden out of the old frame.
- Use it for nap time by removing the swings and adding a hammock.