How do you sharpen a Stihl hedge trimmer?
- Sharpen using a flat file. First of all, a flat file can be used. Make sure that the upper and lower blades come to rest at the same position.
- Remove burrs with a sharpening stone. For the second step, remove the burr from the bottom of the blade using a sharpening stone.
Keeping this in view, can you sharpen a Stihl hedge trimmer?
The blades should be sharpened regularly after about every 50 hours of operation to maintain cutting performance. When cutting back branches in hedges, sap and resin residue gathers on the hedge trimmer blades. As a rule of thumb, only sharpen the cutting edge.
Also Know, how do you adjust hedge trimmer blades? To set blade clearance:
- Stabilize unit on the muffler side before working on blades.
- Loosen lock nuts (A) located on top of hedge clipper blade, replace lock nuts if necessary.
- Tighten bolts (B) located on bottom of hedge clipper blades until snug, and then loosen bolts ½ turn.
Considering this, do electric hedge trimmers need sharpening?
Electric hedge trimmers save you time and are easier on your arms than manual trimmers. When those blades become dull, the job takes longer to accomplish. Instead of buying a new electric hedge trimmer or having the blades professionally sharpened, you can sharpen them yourself in a short amount of time.
How do you maintain a Stihl hedge trimmer?
Hedge Trimming Tips
- Keep it sharp. Sounds obvious, but keep trimmer blades sharp.
- Keep it clean. A blade that is not clean is not efficient.
- Keep it in order. Cut the vertical sides of a hedge first, using an upward and downward sweeping motion and moving forwards along the hedge as you work.
- Keep it safe.