How do you say Philippians?
- Break 'Philippians' down into sounds: [FI] + [LIP] + [EE] + [UHNZ] - say it out loud and exaggerate the sounds until you can consistently produce them.
- Record yourself saying 'Philippians' in full sentences, then watch yourself and listen.
Click to see full answer
Similarly, what does Philippians mean?
Definition of Philippians. : a hortatory letter written by St. Paul to the Christians of Philippi and included as a book in the New Testament — see Bible Table.
Beside above, how do you pronounce Thessalonians? Thessalonians
- Thessalonians. [ thes-uh-loh-nee-uh nz ] SHOW IPA. / ˌθ?s ?ˈlo? ni ?nz / PHONETIC RESPELLING. noun (used with a singular verb)
- Thessalonian. [ thes-uh-loh-nee-uh n ] SHOW IPA. / ˌθ?s ?ˈlo? ni ?n / PHONETIC RESPELLING. adjective.
- Thessalonians. / (ˌθ?s?ˈl??n??nz) / noun.
- Thessalonian. / (ˌθ?s?ˈl??n??n) / adjective.
Consequently, how do you spell Philippians in the Bible?
_l_ˈ?_p_i?_n_z], [f?lˈ?pi??nz], [f?lˈ?pi?nz]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
What is the purpose of Philippians?
Paul assures the Philippians that his imprisonment is actually helping to spread the Christian message, rather than hindering it. He also expresses gratitude for the devotion and heroism of Epaphroditus, who the Philippian church had sent to visit Paul and bring him gifts.