How do you say hello in Cebuano?
In this regard, how do you greet in Cebuano?
Good in Bisaya is "Maayong." Morning is "buntag," afternoon is "hapon" and night is "gabi-i." Putting the two words together, standard greetings throughout the day would be, "maayong buntag," "maayong hapon," and "maayong gabi-i."
Secondly, how do you say Salamat in Bisaya? Fine, thank you. Maayo, salamat. (Ma-ayo", sah-LAH-mat.)
In respect to this, how do you swear in Bisaya?
Common Bisaya Swear Words
- 1) Buang / Boang – which means silly or crazy.
- 2) Piste – means pest/ annoying.
- Yawa (noun) – a) refers to a person, it means devil/evil.
- Yawa (adjective) – b) refers to some amazing act, from the bisaya word “Kuyawa” means “dangerous” or “amazing”.
- Animal – behaving like an animal without values and good manners.
What does Cebuano mean?
ˈbw?ːno?/), also often referred colloquially to by most of its speakers simply as Bisaya/Binisaya (English translation: "Visayan", not to be confused with other Visayan languages), is an Austronesian language spoken in the southern Philippines, namely in Central Visayas, western parts of