How do you reset a hot water heater defender?
Click to see full answer
Likewise, why does hot water heater need to be reset?
While a bad thermostat is the most common reason your water heater's reset button may trip, it's not the only one. Other common causes include: A shorted heating element—It may be that the thermostat is working just fine and shutting off the heating element.
Likewise, what does flashing green light on water heater mean? 1 FLASH (GREEN DIAGNOSTIC LIGHT) Indicates power has been applied to the heater prior to filling with water. Open the nearest hot water faucet, and fill the water heater until a steady stream of water . ows out of the faucet. Once the water heater is completely filled, then shut-off the faucet.
Moreover, how do you manually ignite a water heater?
How to Light a Water Heater Pilot Light
- Open the door/cover over the pilot light access.
- Use a flashlight or a headlamp to find the burner inside.
- Turn the gas knob to “Pilot,” press and hold it down.
- While still holding the gas down, light that pilot.
- When the flame ignites, continue to hold the gas knob or button down for a full minute.
How do I reset my Bradford white thermal switch?
To reset, depress button on resettable thermal switch located on inner door. Pilot goes out periodically (after heating cycles, once a day, once a week etc.)