How do you remove a broken grease fitting?
Click to see full answer
Correspondingly, how do you change a grease fitting?
How to Change a Grease Fitting
- Clean the area around the broken grease fitting with a rag.
- Place an appropriate size open-end wrench around the hex nut of the fitting.
- Thread a new grease fitting into the grease hole until you can no longer turn it by hand.
- Apply grease to the fitting as usual with your grease gun.
Additionally, how do you clean Zerk fittings? Keep grease fittings and pins clean and clear of dirt, debris and hardened grease so they remain effective.
- Spray a petroleum-based spray lube onto a grease fitting or grease fitting pin, then wipe it off with a rag.
- Heat up clogged grease fittings and pins with a standard hair dryer or a heat gun on the low setting.
Also to know is, what size thread are grease fittings?
Grease fittings come in many different styles. There are two grease fittings that are very common. These are the 1/4″-28 thread and the 1/8″ NPT thread. However, there are other less common grease fitting threads in use.
Why does my grease gun get stuck on the fitting?
It gets stuck because the pin / bushing is clogged. It will continue to get stuck until you clear out the built up gunk. You can try solvent and wiggling the pin, driving it back and forth. There is also a grease gun like device that injects high pressure solvent to break up the clog.