How do you release a sealant gun?
- Press the release at the rear of the gun with your thumb, releasing the plunger at the back of the gun.
- Pull the plunger all the way back.
- Push the plunger tightly into the back of the tube, and remove your thumb.
- Cut the tip of the cartridge so that the hole matches the size of the gap you want to fill.
In respect to this, how do you release a caulking gun?
Press the release lever on the back of the caulking gun, and pull the plunger back to remove it from the cartridge. The release lever is usually a small lever located just above the pistol grip of the caulking gun. You can identify the plunger by the L-shaped metal bar sticking out of the back of the gun.
Likewise, how do you use a sealant gun for the first time?
- Step 1: Load Caulk. Release the gun by thumbing the plunger at the rear of the gun.
- Step 2: Cut the Tip. Cut the tip of the caulk to fit the size of the area you're caulking.
- Step 3: Puncture Seal. Push a nail through the cut opening of the caulk tube.
- Step 4: Start Caulking.
- Step 5: Reload and Smooth.
Correspondingly, how do you load and unload a caulk gun?
How to Unload a Caulk Gun
- Hold the caulk gun in front of you, parallel to the floor.
- Locate the caulk tube release.
- Turn the 90-degree angle piece of the rod until it faces straight up from the top of the caulk gun.
- Pull the rod away from the caulk gun to release the tube of caulk.
How does a caulking gun work?
To use a caulking gun, press the release trigger at the back of the gun, pull back the metal rod, and insert the caulk tube into the frame. Then, secure the tube by pushing the metal rod back into the frame. Next, cut off the tip of the tube, and position the nozzle at a 45 degree angle over the crack you want to seal.