How do you refinish Mexican pine furniture?
Then, how do you stain Mexican pine furniture?
How to Stain Rustic Pine Furniture
- Remove all drawers and doors from the furniture if it has any.
- Lightly sand the furniture with an electric hand sander and 220-grit sandpaper.
- Wipe the furniture clean with a tack cloth.
- Shake and stir the stain extremely well.
- Apply the stain onto the furniture using a soft-bristle brush.
Likewise, how do you whitewash Mexican pine furniture? In the Whitewashing section, it mentions mixing 2 parts of any paint color you choose with one part water to make your own colored "whitewash" which is what is commonly done in Mexican rustic pine furniture.
Also to know is, how do you refinish a pine table top?
How to Refinish a Pine Table
- Sand off the old finish (varnish or paint).
- Smooth the surface of the table using finer grit sandpaper.
- Clean the surface and surrounding work area of all dust using a vacuum.
- Just before you are about to apply the first coat of finish, clean the table with a tack cloth to remove any remaining dust.
What is the best finish for pine table?
Use a short-bristle brush to remove excess stain from the corners. Most professionals seem to agree that pine looks best topped with a thin coat of satin varnish. You can use a gel varnish or a brushed-on coat of satin varnish.