How do you put a ruffle on a tree skirt?
Then, how do you make a ruffled tree skirt?
Ruffled Tree Skirt
- Cut a 44″ diameter circle from a large piece of felt, fleece, or wool.
- Draw a straight line out from the center to the edge of the circle.
- Ignore that you can't see the “+”.
- Now draw a circle 7″ out from center.
- Cut up one of the lines and cut out the center circle.
- Compose your fabric layout.
Also, how do you put a ruffle on a circle skirt? How to add a circular ruffle to any pattern
- Step 1: Draw the circle pattern.
- Step 2: Cut along radius.
- Step 3: Cut out your fabric.
- Step 4: Join the circles and hem.
- Step 5: Staystitch the inner circle edge.
- Step 6: Snip along seam allowance.
- Step 7: Double check your measurements.
- Step 8: Sew the ruffle to the garment.
Additionally, how much fabric do I need to make a Christmas tree skirt?
For a 6' tall tree, your skirt should be at least 44" round (or 112cm). You will need two circles of fabric, so you will need 2½ yards of fabric (assuming the bolt of fabric is at least 44" wide) – or 1¼ yards of each if using contrasting fabrics top and bottom.
How do you make a long tiered skirt?
It is easier to hem the bottom of your skirt before you start to gather your pieces and sew them together. Fold over about ½” of fabric of one of the long edges of the bottom piece (your largest tier). Then, sew along this edge to create the bottom hem. Add baste stitch to bottom tier.