How do you promote a 50/50 raffle?
- Purchase a roll of raffle tickets from a local party supply shop or dollar store.
- Go from door-to-door or desk-to-desk and sell as many tickets to each person as they want, for a donated fee of your discretion.
- When a ticket is purchased, rip off one end and give it to the donor.
Regarding this, how much should I charge for a 50/50 raffle?
Typical prices are $1, $5 and $10, with $1 being the most common. Bundles can go for $2 for 3 tickets or $4 for 5, or an arm's length for $10 (just don't use long-armed volunteers!). Be sure to offer tickets to everyone and let them know how much they could win.
Also Know, how do you promote a raffle prize? Top 10 Raffle Promotion Ideas
- Direct Email. A well worded email to your membership/supporter base should be your first port of call when commencing your raffle promotion.
- Ask your sponsors.
- Finding your Target Audience.
- Facebook Cover Picture.
- Facebook Event Page.
- Table talker.
- Roving ticket sellers.
Also, how does a 50/50 raffle work?
A raffle involves many people buying tickets for a chance to win a prize or prizes. In the case of a 50-50 fundraising raffle the prize is 50% of the money taken in by the raffle ticket sales. A certain number of tickets are sold or a specified time passes and a single ticket is randomly chosen.
Do you need a license to sell 50/50 tickets?
Can I sell 50/50 tickets and squares that are less than $1,000 without a gaming licence? No, all 50/50s and squares are legal gaming events and must be licensed. Individuals are not eligible for a raffle licence. Only charitable or religious organizations can obtain a raffle licence.