How do you preserve a bridal bouquet in a shadow box?
- Take your shadow box (purchased online or at your nearest craft store) and carefully open.
- With your bouquet, cut the stems off so you only have the head of each flower.
- Carefully place your flowers in the shadow box, flower facing up.
- Close your shadow box and voila!
Likewise, people ask, how do you preserve flowers in a shadow box?
How to Dry Flowers to Put in a Shadow Box
- Remove the flowers from the water or hand-held bouquet.
- Cut the stem to a length of 6 inches or shorter if the shadow box is small.
- Place two or three stems together and tie them into a bundle.
- Hang the flowers in a cool, dark place for at least a week.
Furthermore, what do you put in a wedding shadow box? There are many special things from your wedding day which can be included in your shadow box. These could include a selection of photos, some dried flowers from the wedding bouquet, the party favors or perhaps the wedding invitation.
Herein, how do you preserve a bridal bouquet?
Hang the Flowers Upside Down Gather up the stems and tie them tightly together. Then hang the whole bouquet upside down in a dry, temperate area, such as a hallway closet. Let all the blooms air dry. Check back on them in a couple of weeks and you'll find your bouquet has dried completely.
How do you preserve a flower with wax?
Dip the stems into the paraffin wax.
- When all of the flowers are dry, carefully remove one from where it is hanging.
- Untie the piece of string from the stem.
- Dip the flower stem into the wax.
- Lay the flower on a piece of wax paper on a baking sheet to dry.
- Repeat this process for all of the flowers.